Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Portland

Here are some of the things I loved about Portland.

Mount Hood looks like a mountain is supposed to look with it's snowy majestic peak.

The Rose Garden is full of beautiful, colorful roses.

The Saturday Market is full of food, crafts and street musicians.

It is a city of bridges, making crossing the Willamette river easy.

Powell's Books is the most wonderful bookstore ever. I could stay there for days.

Voodoo doughnuts are so good that people stand in line for hours just to eat one.

You just have love a city whose motto is,”Keep Portland Weird.”

5 comments:

Linda said...

I love Mt. Hood. And I love that you can drive all over Oregon and play find the mountain. And the flowers. And the weirdness. Thanks for the beautiful pics-- so happy for you guys!

Jennie said...

Makes me want to go!

Miss Healthypants said...

Great pictures! :)

I LOVE that motto "Keep Portland Weird." I've heard that the people there are very laid-back and nice...would you concur? :)

Designs by DD said...

Austin's motto is "Keep Austin Weird", not sure who had the motto first.

AM Kingsfield said...

I love the motto! I'm going to have to put Portland on my bucket-list