Monday, July 05, 2010

Leaving On a jet Plane

The world is full of disaster and grief. If I think about it too long I get upset about things I can do nothing about. So I am just going to hop on a jet plane and fly away to enjoy friends, family and God's beautiful creation while I am still able to go.

Tomorrow we fly to Seattle for a bit of sight seeing and a visit with Dennis's little brother. We plan to eat dinner one evening with the beautiful Lorraine. Then on to Fort Lewis where we will meet our newest daughter-in-law Pam. She is married to our recently found long-lost son. We are looking forward to getting to know her and her daughter and hear some stories about our boy in Baghdad. After a night at Fort Lewis we will drive to Portland where we will board a river boat for a trip along the Columbia and Snake rivers. It should be a beautiful trip. We will ride through Hell's Canyon in a speed boat. My kids say their parents are going to hell.

I don't know if I will be able to blog while we are gone. If not I will report on the journey when we return.

Stay safe my friends until I return.

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

Travel safe, Mom. Can't wait to see you!

just me said...

have a wonderful time - it sounds like a great trip!

Unknown said...

Have fun over in my neck of the woods in the Pacific Northwest! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

Miss Healthypants said...

Enjoy, enjoy!! :)

AM Kingsfield said...

Ooh, I love the Chinese guy!

I think the best way to see Hell is in a speedboat. I thought they just had handbaskets.

Sling said...

I just read your FB post about your loveley daughter in law..
I love it when great things happen to great people! :)

Cazzie!!! said...

Have a wonderful relaxing time... take pics :)

Middle Child said...

Enjoy - and come home safelt - look forward to hearing about your trip