Tuesday, January 05, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I have made some resolutions for 2010.

1.Laugh loud and often. This shouldn't be too hard because I do love to laugh. It just makes the world better when I can find something to make me laugh. When was the last time you enjoyed a good belly laugh?

2.Don't worry. Worry doesn't accomplish anything and just wastes a lot of energy. One of my favorite Bible verses is Proverbs 24:19. “Fret not thyself.”

3.Say thank you. I take so many people and so my things for granted. I am going to live with gratitude and tell folks how much I appreciate them.

4.Just do it. I am going to quit talking about cleaning out the closet, reading the book or calling my friend. I am just going to get up and do what needs to be done.

5.While I am doing all this I think I will also bring about world peace, end global warming and eliminate hunger around the world.

What are your resolutions for 2010?

6 comments:

just me said...

I have stopped making resolutions, because they usually had to do with diet and exercise and were doomed to failure.

But yours are much more substantial than that :)

Wishing you and your family peace, health, happiness, and prosperity in the new year...

Random Thinker said...

Great list, especially the elimination of world hunger, world peace, and end of global warming. You better start on those first though.

Miss Healthypants said...

Those are some awesome resolutions--especially the world peace thing! *smiles*

And I totally agree with you about laughter--I'm lucky to live with my favorite comedian; Iwanski makes me laugh every day. :)

Sling said...

I laugh every day.
Sometimes,inapropriately..but that makes me laugh too.
You have set some fine resolute goals.

AM Kingsfield said...

I have re-run resolutions from last year.

Paul Nichols said...

A Great List. I posted a list, too. So far I'm doing OK>