Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Orleans

We have enjoyed our time in New Orleans. Jackson Square was as beautiful as I had expected it would be.


The beignets at Cafe' Du Monde were as messy and yummy as they looked.


The French Quarter was fascinating with all it's unusual shops, bars and restaurants. We walked down Bourbon Street about five in the evening, before the nighttime crowd arrived. Even during the day Bourbon Street made my eyes pop out and my jaw drop open.

This morning we took a city tour. We drove through the ninth ward where the greatest damage was done after hurricane Katrina. The damage done is still overwhelming.Then we rode through the Garden District where the rich and some of the famous live. There was a crowd in front of Manning house. A couple of famous football players grew up there.

So far this road trip has been all we wanted it to be. Tomorrow we head towards Panama City.

5 comments:

Random Thinker said...

New Orleans has the best music in the world. I've sat at that cafe too and eaten those delicious sugary treats. I'm so jealous.

Unknown said...

I just love New Orleans and all that it has to offer. We spent 5 days there touring the city on bikes...it was the greatest. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Sling said...

I've never been to New Orleans,so I'm way more jealous than Random Thinker! ;)
Enjoy the trip!

AM Kingsfield said...

mmmm powdered sugar

Miss Healthypants said...

Sounds wonderful! :) I hope to go to New Orleans someday--sooner than later, hopefully!