Thursday, February 05, 2009

25 things

I have been tagged multiple times by my Facebook friends to write 25 random things about myself. In reply to their persistent curiosity, here is my list.

1.My mother always called me Susan. Everyone else calls me Sue.
2.I owned two dogs when I was a kid. We had a terrier named Spotty and a pekingese named Boots.
3.I love my water aerobics class.
4.I am a Stephen Minister. It is a good ministry.
5.I used to have 20/20 vision. Now I don't.
6.I pray for each of my children and grandchildren every day.
7.I do not like snow. It is too cold.
8.I randomly break into singing. Usually I sing old hymns that are just part of my bones.
9.We plan to go to Egypt in October.
10. We are going to Sedona, Arizona in April with our son's family.
11. When I was in my twenties my hair was very long. I still have a long braid of my hair in a drawer. The braided hair is brown. The hair on my head is gray.
12. I am a R.N. In my case that stands for retired nurse.
13. Sometimes I laugh so loud that I embarrass myself, but I laugh a lot anyway.
14. I have had surgery on my right knee four times.
15. My favorite TV show is The Mentalist.
16. I wish I could loose thirty pounds, but dieting is hard.
17. I met my husband on a blind date. We will celebrate 48 years together this year.
18. I have crossed the international date line, the equator and the arctic circle.
19. I enjoy making big pots of soup. It makes me feel like a domestic goddess.
20. My oldest grandchild lives in Florida. She wants to stay there. It is far away.
21. I moved from California to Maryland over forty years ago. It is far away from my family.
22. I miss my mother every day.
23. I love playing in the hand bell choir.
24. At my funeral I hope they play”When the Saints Go Marching In” with a brass band.
25.I wonder what heaven will really be like.

4 comments:

rosemary said...

Oh Sue....you are a wonder at a time when wonders are scarce. I have a facebook account too but don't have a clue how to add friends. i am Rosemary Lucas-Olsen

Sling said...

I did this facebook thing too.
It was hard to narrow it down to 25 things.

Middle Child said...

wonder what heaven will really be like...better than hell thats for darn certain...what is "Stephen Minister"

Mom said...

A Stephen Minister mostly just listens to folks who are having a hard time with life. Sometimes a person just needs to know someone is sharing the journey. We listen while folks share grief, fear and anxiety. It seems to really help when someone just listens and doesn't try to fix the unfixable or solve life's big problems. We are just a ministry of being present when life is hard.