Saturday, February 07, 2009

18



“Mom, we have a little girl. She's beautiful. I'm a daddy.” It was eighteen years ago yesterday that my son called to share this wonderful news. It was hard to believe that my little boy was a father. Now that little baby is a beautiful young lady, a legal adult. Her main focus of attention right now is her upcoming senior prom and deciding where to go to college. I know that very soon she will be grown and enter the grown up world. For now we are happy to be watching her enjoy the last bits of childhood.

Happy birthday beautiful girl.

8 comments:

Sling said...

She's beutiful!!
Happy Birthday young Lady!

Jennie said...

Wow, she is beautiful. And I love her choice of that dress, it's perfect on her.

It's hard for me to imagine that I might get that same phone call someday.

rosemary said...

My stars.....she is absolutely lovely. 18...a magical age isn't it.

Cazzie!!! said...

What a gorgeous young lady, happy birthday and congratulations :)

AM Kingsfield said...

And as smart and talented as she is pretty! Happy Birthday!

just me said...

It seems like you are posting someone's birthday just about every month... the blessings of having many grandchildren. Lucky you.

Anonymous said...

What a treasure from heaven!

Middle Child said...

Whatstunning girl and she looks like a nice person as well. Happy Birthday to her -