Monday, November 03, 2008

Prayer

Almighty God,

Today I am praying for this nation of mine, this country that is my home. I am thankful for this country and all the good things that come to me because I am an American. I love this country. Today we are ending a long, difficult presidential election. I am thankful that this campaign has been fought with words and ideas instead of with war and guns. The words, though, have been painful. This long period off emotional campaigning has left us tired and fearful. I pray that when tomorrow is over we can begin to heal. I pray that we can grant one another grace and forgiveness. I will be disappointed if my candidate does not win, but I promise to pray for whoever wins tomorrow. I will pray that our next president has the wisdom, the courage, and the good health to lead this country to a better place.

God, heal our land. Bless us with grace peace.

6 comments:

Sling said...

Amen!..
One of the things that make me most proud to be an American,is our 200+ year record of the peaceful transfer of power from one administration,to the next..
It's really quite remarkable.

AM Kingsfield said...

Amen!
You are more magnanimous than I.

Cazzie!!! said...

Amen for that...a Worldwide peace would be so nice!!

Krista said...

Found your blog through someone else. Very nicely done. Fun to see others p.o.v
Take care.

Krista
Alzheimer's Team
www.alzheimersteam.com

Lorraine said...

Amen again.

Middle Child said...

No wonder you are all so frazzled...your campaigns go on for bloody years. ours usually last about 4/5 months