Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kay


Today is my mother-in-law's ninety-eighth birthday. Kay's life was dedicated to her family. She loved her husband and three sons enormously. Her grandchildren were the light of her life. She delighted in them. When they were little she taught them all the songs she had sung to her boys when they were little. She was a wonderful grandmother.

Shortly before my father-in-law died Bill helped her to tape-record all the nursery songs she had sung with the little ones. They are both gone now. We miss them. This recording is a priceless treasure. Here is the voice of eighty year old Gramma Kay singing one of her favorites,Red Wing.

Happy birthday, Gramma Kay.

6 comments:

Magenta said...

I was always proud to have been named after her ... and that song still frequents my memories. How wonderful to hear her voice again.

Queenie said...

How precious is that, what a wonderful memories to share with us, thank you I feel quite weepy.

Queenie said...

Me again, just to say weepy in a good way...

Sling said...

What a precious keepsake mom..You can't buy this in stores!

AM Kingsfield said...

One more time, Grandma.
I had forgotten that second verse.

Middle Child said...

That is such a treasure. I felt humbled to hear her sing...I wish i had recordings like this ...but i have visual of my own mum dancing with her grand kids..so thats a treasure...lucky huh to have had a Gramma Kay with such a soul to be able to sing like that.

how do you upload audio for blogs? i have tried but its beyond me.