Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pictures of Life

We have one of those digital picture frames sitting next to my computer. I look at it a lot. It contains random pictures of my family and some our many adventures. There is picture of my granddaughter being inducted into the Honor Society followed by a picture of my daddy when he was young and handsome. There is a picture of me at a Halloween party in a bright orange dress and then a picture of my infant son. There are several pictures from our cruise to Alaska and one of us by Niagara Falls. A photo of us with all our kids and grandkids gathered around a Christmas tree comes up after an image my young mother in the funny hat she often wore to church. I have a picture here of my great-grandparents who died before I was born and then one of my grandsons playing at the beach. It is a very random collection of memories. I like that I never quite know what will come up next. It is like my memories of life. It is not a nice, neat series, but just a jumble of life with all sorts of emotions. Life is just a messy collection of moments that add up to make us who we are today. I love my random collection of pictures.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I love all the images that popped into my mind as I read this post. And your words: Life is just a messy collection of moments that add up to make us who we are today. Ain't that the truth. The older I get the more I can appreciate the messier ones.

rosemary said...

i kep my own blog up because of the Picassa pics.....all my favorites. I'll have to see about getting one of those frames.