Monday, October 20, 2008

Autumn

We had a lovely day Saturday. Our son and grandson joined us for day of play. I'll share a few pictures
The color was not quite at it's peak, but the trees were still beautiful as we walked in the Catoctin Mountains.



We rested at Cunnigham Falls.


This covered bridge near Thurmont Maryland reminded us of quieter, more peaceful times.


You had to hold your nose to take a picture of 15,000 turkeys. They really did stink.


The day was topped off with a chance to go pumpkin chunkin'.



7 comments:

Tracy said...

Pumpkin' Chuckin' looked fun. I miss the colors of fall.

Anne said...

Wasn't it a lovely weekend!

Barb said...

What beautiful colors. Our trees here in Washington state are also changing into an array of reds, browns and yellows. Gorgous time of year. Not too anxious for winter to hit though.

John said...

Where can I buy one of those chunkers?

just me said...

We went apple-picking on Sun - what a great day to be outdoors!

I agree with Barb - as much as I enjoy fall, I don't look forward to the winter that follows.

Sling said...

The photos are just beautiful mom!
I love Fall for all those reasons,and yes,I even love Winter.

rosemary said...

Looks like fun....Steve would be at the front of the chuckin' line!