Friday, September 19, 2008

Byrtle


My mom's name was Byrtle. Today is her birthday. She would have been 103 years old. Mom has always been my hero and the example of the kind of person I want to be. Now that I am a senior citizen I am still looking to her for examples of how to behave. This picture was taken when my mom was eighty-five years old. She was posing for a picture to advertise the church basketball team. If Byrtle could shoot baskets at eighty-five I guess I still have a lot of living left to do.

Happy birthday mother.

4 comments:

Sling said...

Happy birthday Mom o' Mom!..
I told ya white chicks could jump! :)

John said...

Happy Mom's Birthday, Mom. Thought I saw you in a restaurant in Effingham, IL last week but, alas, it was not you. I was a bit disappointing. And the chewy bacon did nothing to make up for my loss.

rosemary said...

WOW....what a lady.....and I can see why she is your hero.

Linda said...

How cool is that? I love that picture!