Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ordinary Days

It has been a couple of weeks since last I wrote something for this blog. Some days it is hard to think of something worth writing down. My days are happy and full, but they seem so ordinary. I know that each day, each moment, is a special gift that is even better when I notice the beauty of the moment and stop to savor it. Here are a couple of the moments I savored over the past few days.

Yesterday was a beautiful, warm sunny day. It did not feel like the middle of February. I worked in the back yard for a few hours. I trimmed back my butterfly bushes and felt the sun warm my back and enjoyed the memory of seeing these bushes covered in flowers and butterflies last summer, and felt the promise of the flowers that will bloom again and attract a whole new generation of butterflies. God did make us a very beautiful world.

My sixteen-year-old grandson stopped by for a few minutes Friday with a grin a mile wide across his face. He had just passed his driving test and is now an officially licensed driver. There is nothing grander than being sixteen and having your first driver's license. What a joy to share his joy.

Each morning I wake up in a warm house next to the man who has shared my life for more than fifty years. I thank God daily that this good man loves me, and God has given us another day together.

Were there any moments that you stopped to savor recently?

2 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

I love to read about ordinary days. And about people who appreciate the ordinary and the small blessings that really aren't so small.
I'm right now savouring some alone time after a full on weekend!

Jennie said...

Congratulations to your grandson. There's also nothing grander than seeing a teenager with a grin a mile wide!