Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Life in Five Pictures

1941

My mom's name was Byrtle. She has always been my hero. I love this picture of her holding me. I can see the love shining in her eyes. She and Dad gave my brothers and me a childhood filled with love, faith and family. I love knowing that I am Byrtle's girl.

1961

This picture was taken the day of my graduation from nursing school and the day before my wedding. I was ready to embark on my new nursing career with the man I loved beside me. I don't think the picture shows how very happy I was that day.

1969

Here we are on Easter morning. My four children were 5 years, 4 years, 18 months, and 2 weeks old. They were all healthy. I was very busy, very happy, and very tired.

1996

This picture was taken right after the birth of our sixth grandchild. It was a moment of great joy. Two months after this picture the sweet boy in my husband's lap was taken from us. I didn't know it was possible to hurt so much. My faith was shaken. More grandchildren came and brought us great happiness, but there will always be a painful void in our life where Jared belongs.

2011

We have grown old. We are both retired. Our children are grown. Our grandchildren are quickly becoming adults. We are moving a little slower, but we are still together and looking forward to whatever life may send us, trusting that the God we love will walk the journey with us.

5 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

What beautiful snapshots of a life that must have been so wonderful and fulfilling, and hopefully still is. Thanks so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

I loved looking at your pictures and hearing about your life. I especially loved the last picture. God has blessed you indeed!

more cowbell said...

Great photos ... great life.

Middle Child said...

This is just beautiful or being Australian - bewdiful... the lost child what can I say - breaks my heart to imagine losing a child no matter which family he or she belong to... you are blessed but not so blessed that you sail through without knowing sadness and hardship...thank you for sharing

poet said...

I love this post. Thank you for sharing it. Take care *gentle hugs*