Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday

Today is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent. Instead of giving up chocolate or some other food, I have decided to very consciously try to find a way to demonstrate God's love to the people in my world. Maybe I will be able to continue this for more than 40 days.

These verses from I John chapter 4 are my inspiration. These verses are the basis of my theology.

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

 God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

We love because he first loved us.

Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

2 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

I like the idea of committing to an action much better than committing to some random denial. Bravo!

Middle Child said...

Good on you - I have a funny story about Ash Wednesday when i was about 10 - must post it