Monday, April 11, 2011

Discharged

Today was a lovely day.

This morning we went to Baltimore's Mercy Hospital to see the foot surgeon. I told him I was much better, but still not as good as I had hoped to be. After looking at X rays he said my foot had healed beautifully. He seemed quite happy with his handwork. He told me that I should continue to improve over the next six months and that there were no restrictions on my activity. There was no reason to return to see him and he discharged me.

Being officially discharged seemed like a good reason to celebrate so we went to the Inner Harbor. The parade of people passing by as we ate lunch was quite entertaining. I love people watching. Office workers walked alongside of tourists, sailors, young lovers, teenagers with baggy pants and young families. They were all out enjoying the sunshine and entertaining me.

To reward my husband for his months of tending to my needs I suggested that we visit the Maryland Science Center. He happily agreed to this suggestion. This man of mine absolutely loves science fair experiments, and this place is three stories crammed full of science fair experiments. Most of the school children were leaving when we arrived so it was not crowded. He got to push buttons, pull pulleys, crank handles and play science games all afternoon. He was in his own personal amusement park. It was wonderful to see him having so much fun.

Today was a lovely day.

7 comments:

Random Thinker said...

Entertaining Mom seems like a worthy endeavor indeed.

booda baby said...

Everything about your day is perfect in my world. We like pushy pully crank 'em up things, too. And beautifully healed feet!!

Tom and Nancy said...

Congratulations!

just me said...

woo-hoo! how exciting. things should only continue to improve from here.

FoxyMoron said...

Great news about your foot. So glad you had such a lovely day out.

Miss Healthypants said...

So many times I wish that blogger had a "Like" button. *smiles* In this case, I would hit "Like" about 50 times. :) Congrats on your recovery and being discharged officially! :)

Middle Child said...

Congratulations on the discharge - its been quite a haul