Monday, February 14, 2011

Engaged

Last Friday night we were enjoying dinner with friends when my cell phone beeped. I looked and saw a picture had been sent to my phone. My cell phone is very old with a very small screen that makes it hard to see pictures very well. I could tell it was a picture of my daughter and her sweetheart. Why would they decide to send me a picture? I looked and could see happy smiles. I studied it a bit longer and noticed her left hand was being held up for the camera. There is only one reason to send your mom a picture displaying your left hand. I passed my phone around the table to see if someone with better eyes could see anything sparkling on her left hand. The picture was too small to see jewelry, but the smiles told the story. My daughter's sweetheart had finally popped the question. She had said yes. They are officially engaged. We are all delighted.

He took the whole family to a nice restaurant and proposed in front of her three teenagers and his teenage daughter. The kids were excited and happy. In this age of smart phones the kids had the news on facebook before they left the restaurant. Some news is just too exciting to keep to yourself.

Here's the picture they sent to me on Friday.

6 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

How lovely! And great that the kids are all excited.

Tracy said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news!

just me said...

Isn't technology grand? E showed me Sofie's facebook status while WE were eating dinner Fri night :)

I'm so happy for the two of them!

Random Thinker said...

Congratulations. They both look so happy.

Tom and Nancy said...

Wonderful!

Middle Child said...

congratulations to you and yours