Saturday, June 26, 2010

Beach Memory

Long ago, when I was a young mother, I took my little girl to the beach. When she stood on the shore and saw the big waves rolling in she was afraid. I told her to hold onto my hand and we would go into the water together. She held on tight and we waded into the surf together. Soon her grip on my hand loosened and she was jumping up and down and squealing with delight as she jumped though the waves.

This week I went to the beach with my little girl. I am no longer a young mother. Now I am a grandmother with an overlarge body and legs that are a bit wobbly and unsteady. I stood on the shore and saw the big waves rolling in and I was afraid. My daughter said to hold her hand and we would go into the surf together. I held tightly to her hand. Soon my grip loosened and I was jumping up and down in the surf and squealing with delight as I jumped through the waves.

7 comments:

Barb said...

What a sweet story. You are braver than I. Have a wonderful time with your family.

Jennie said...

Appreciating the circle of life. :) God has it planned out well, doesn't He?

Unknown said...

*SMILE* That was nice..

Miss Healthypants said...

That is soooo lovely! Thanks for sharing! :)

Tracy said...

Love your hat! Looks like a good time was had by all.

Middle Child said...

thats how it goes in good families - at one time we are the rock at other times the kids are - its all good stuff

AM Kingsfield said...

:)