Saturday, April 03, 2010

Cherry Blossoms


Yesterday was a beautiful, warm spring day. We, along with hundreds of thousands of other people, decided it was the perfect day to take a look at Washington DC's famous cherry blossoms. There are beautiful cherry trees in full bloom scattered all around our area, but there is just something very special about these trees. In spite of the throngs of people, the traffic and the noise, these trees were breath-taking. The sunshine, the monuments and the cherry blossoms combined to make a perfect day. It was wonderful to be part of an enormous Washington crowd who were there just to bask in the beauty of the moment.

Looking up through the trees

White House

Washington monument

Jefferson Memorial

The Kennedy Center

8 comments:

Random Thinker said...

My co-worker traveled there this weekend to see the blossoms too. Looks like an awesome time.

Jennie said...

Beautiful! Someday I'd like to see that. I was just excited to see the maples budding today.

Tracy said...

Sigh... I miss the cherry blossoms.

Thank you for the photos.. for both their beauty and the memories.

Miss Healthypants said...

How wonderfully beautiful!! :)

just me said...

Great photos - I especially loved the one of the Jefferson Memorial.

Happy spring!

Barb said...

Our lilacs are just starting to bud. What a wonderful sight for you to see all those beautiful cherry blossoms. I envy you!!
Our Spring will come soon though and I also can enjoy the smell of Spring.
I am going to start planting my garden veggie seeds indoor today so that is a plus for me living here in the Pacific Northwest.
It snowed here yesterday LOL

Sling said...

Beautiful pictures Mom!..I was fortunate to see the Cherry trees in bloom in D.C. back when I was a youngster.
Awesome sight!
Happy Easter!

yellowdoggranny said...

I spent about an hour in Washington D.C. main reason was to go see the Vietnam Memorial..was in summer time..hot and humid..but very very intersting.