Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One night while we were in Orlando we went to a Blue Man Group concert. I knew very little about the group and was just out for evening of entertainment. I did get a bit nervous when I found a poncho provided for everyone in our second row seats, and everyone unhesitatingly putting them on. It was a wonderful show. I laughed until I hurt and was amazed at the tremendous talent. I have been trying to find words to describe the performance, but it is hard. The show involved blue-faced men and pounding percussion, playful pantomime, precision marshmallow throwing, paint pots, pipes and paper, piles and piles of paper. My poncho stayed clean but I did get a big splat of Twinkie goop in the face.

If you ever have opportunity, go see a Blue Man Group concert. Then you can try to describe it for me.


6 comments:

Simon said...

I can think of worse things than getting a twinkie in the face... hhmmmmm twinkies....

rosemary said...

Do you even like twinkies?

Sling said...

These guys are great.
I saw pix of them without their makeup,and there is no way you would recognize them.

Unknown said...

I love the Blue Man Group. I would see them if I could manage it and I would make sure the kids saw them too.
Yes, twinkie goop in the face is what I live for!

Cazzie!!! said...

Very very cool, if they ever grace our shores I will take the family to see them :)

Gary & Laurel Cox said...

Wasn't that fun? Thanks for being there for the marathon and getting up at 3 am 2 days in a row to be the cheering section!