Sunday, April 15, 2007

Taxes

Our taxes are done and we are getting a refund. That is good, but we still paid a whole lot of dollars in taxes. I don’t always agree with the way the government decides to spend my money, but, all in all, I think I am getting a pretty good deal for my tax dollar. Here are some of the things I appreciate that are funded by my taxes.

1. My husband is a federal employee. His job is funded by taxes. I appreciate his paycheck.

2. The security of having a military force to protect us is a wonderful blessing.

3. Libraries are a great blessing that are supported by taxes.

3. Roads that get me where I need to go make life good.

4. NIH – the National Institute for Health and all other medical research facilities are helping us to understand better ways to treat disease.

5. The Smithsonian – this group of museums is a national treasure.

6. Our national park system protects great areas of wild beauty. Yosemite is beautiful beyond description. Do you have a favorite national park?

7. Public schools educate the majority of our children. It is a blessing it is to live in an educated society.

What are some of the benefits you think of that are funded by our taxes?

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

I'm willing to pay a lot to live in this country, warts and all.