Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

Why is Friday the 13th supposed to be an unlucky day? Today has been a very good day for me. We finished our taxes and we are getting a refund. Yipee! I was able to get to my water aerobics class for the first time is more than a week. I always feel good after water aerobics. I helped my son work in his back yard this afternoon. The trees are just beginning to turn green, and there are wild flowers in the woods behind his house. I saw a Downey Woodpecker and bunches of other birds. I was able to enjoy a pleasant afternoon with my son and plant azaleas to make his yard even prettier. Tonight we went to a new Texas Roadhouse restaurant. I noticed there were cars in the parking lot and people going in so it must be open. It turns out that tonight was “Friends and Family Night” – a dress rehearsal for their grand opening next week. Dinner was free tonight while they practiced learning to run the place. We each had a delicious steak and all the trimmings at no cost. That was a lovely treat! And that’s not all! The TV is back on tonight. Somehow I missed a payment and the cable company stopped our service for three days until the check cleared. Tonight we can watch my husband the mathematician’s favorite show, “Numbers.”

Friday the 13th has been a wonderful day.

Hope you all a great day too.

1 comment:

Constance said...

Sounds like yesterday was indeed a good day for you !

It's just a Friday to me, so I've never had anything unlucky happen on it !

Hope that you have a good weekend, and that's great about the free dinner, the water aerobics, the pretty things you saw in nature, the tv coming back on and the tax refund !