Thursday, November 02, 2006

Personal Hero

Recently my nine-year-old granddaughter called and asked if she could interview me. She said she need to get information for a school report about her personal hero. She wanted to write about me. Wow! I thought that was just such a wonderful thing. Imagine having your granddaughter think of you as her personal hero. I was quite happy. So I went over and this sweet little girl asked me about my work with hospice. She wanted to know who had inspired me and why I liked to help people. When she was done I thanked her for picking me and told her I felt honored. She replied, “That’s OK, Gramma. The policeman down the street was too busy to talk to me so I chose you instead.” Oh well. It’s nice to be the first runner up hero. I did read the report she wrote. It was so sweet. I did feel like her hero.

No comments: