Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Home

I’m home. The surgery went well and I sure am glad yesterday is over. While waiting for surgery I got to be a pincushion for the student phlebotomists. I know they need to practice on someone, but three tries and misses were enough. I slept through the surgery part. The doctor trimmed off the torn up cartilage and smoothed out the rough spots. Waking up from anesthesia took a long time and was gross. But today I woke up feeling like me again. Percocet is a lovely drug and I am feeling fine. My sweet husband is a pretty good nurse.

5 comments:

julie said...

I am so glad that you are all trimmed and smoothed. We all need that now and then. Can't wait to see you again.

Unknown said...

Good job coming thru with flying colors. I hope it does the trick for you!
I experienced true anesthesia this summer and I didn't have much trouble except the part of waking up. My breathing was so slow and light for so long and I couldn't wake up, they had to coach me to breath deeply for about 30 minute. I kept going back to sleep. I just figured if they were going to charge me that much for anesthesia, I was going to milk it for all it was worth!

Linda said...

So glad it's done and that you are on the mend. You'll be dancing in no time!

Tracy said...

Sue,
I'm glad it went well and that percoset and your husband are both being good to you!

I hope you heal quickly!

Tracy

AM Kingsfield said...

So glad you felt spry enough to blog. Wishing you a speedy recovery! (Cool friends, btw!)