Saturday, September 30, 2006

Artwalk

The town of Scottsdale is one of the largest art centers west of the Mississippi. On Thursday evenings all of the small galleries in the art district stay open late for artwalk. There are hundreds of art galleries showing many different varieties of art. Most of the galleries serve wine so you can sip wine and admire the paintings and sculptures. Some of it was beautiful and pulled me right into the paintings. Some of it puzzled me. What was the artist trying to say with these colors? I loved portraits of old women with sparkling eyes and a face full of wrinkles. I wanted to talk to the people in those paintings. I was intrigued by the landscapes with a path leading into the unknown area out of the picture. Where would that road lead me? I wanted to buy a watercolor of a magnificent eagle, but, as beautiful as it was, I couldn’t afford the bargain sale price of $5000. It was a lovely evening.

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

Who needs to buy art when you are such a good painter yourself?