Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sedona

There are no words that adequately describe the awesome beauty of Sedona. I have seen many pictures of these red rocks, but was still unprepared for the emotion felt when I was actually standing in the presence of these wonderful monuments to God’s creative ability. One of the best places to feel God’s glory is at the Chapel of the Holy Cross. This chapel is built into the side of a red rock cliff. There is great symbolism here of Christ’s church being built on a rock. It was the desire of the builder that this place would be so charged with God that it would spur a person’s spirit godward. I certainly felt God’s presence in that place.

In the town of Sedona we picked up a map of the several vortexes in town. Sedona is well known for energy vortexes. These are said to be subtle energy forces coming from the surface of earth that interact with who a person is inside. This interaction of energy is supposed to leave one feeling uplifted for days afterwards. We did stand at the Bell Rock Vortex, and even though we missed the Harmonic Convergence, I am feeling pretty good today.

2 comments:

julie said...

I think I might need a energy vortex.

AM Kingsfield said...

Cool. I never heard of such a thing. I wonder how they measure such energy? watts? ohms? chakras? volts?