Monday, June 04, 2012

Where Did May Go?


It's June. Where did May go? The whole month just seems to have flown by without me noticing. I know things happened in May. Here is a list, in no particular order, of some of things that went on in my life in the merry month of May.

  1. I turned 71. According to the Good Book the span of life is three score and ten. After that it's all grace. So last year was just living on grace.

  2. I read some books: “Light On Snow,” by Anita Shreve, a sweet story about love, loss, and hope.”Nothing Daunted” by Dorthy Wickenden, the true tale of two high society girls who take a job teaching in a one room school in the mountains of Colorado in 1916 -a good read. “Christianity After Religion” by Diana Butler Bass, a study of sociological trends in American Christianity. Some interesting observations, but way too many words.

  3. I went to eleven water aerobics classes and eight yoga classes.

  4. Mother's Day lunch was eaten at my granddaughter's house. A new generation is taking over.

  5. I rang bells in the bell choir and made beautiful music.

  6. The Senior Chorale put on a great concert. I love singing in that group.

  7. I planted red geraniums in the back yard and white petunias in the front yard.

  8. For the first time in my life I saw the “ring of fire” during a lunar eclipse.

  9. I listened to a friend who is going through one of life's rough spots.

  10. I learned how to make playlists on my new I-pod.

  11. I went out to lunch with friends several times.

  12. I paid the bills and balanced the checkbook.

  13. I was asked to serve as a deacon in our congregation. I start this month.

  14. My tooth broke in half. The dentist fixed it.

  15. I sat on my front porch rocker and counted my blessings. I like being retired.

3 comments:

Random Thinker said...

Mom - I want to be just like you when I'm 71. Scratch that..... right now.

Middle Child said...

That is something - I am with Random thinker

rahul said...

Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.

New York Dental Implants