Monday, April 23, 2012

Lunch Conversation

My astronomer husband and I have been married for more than fifty years. We really have almost nothing in common - except for the many years of living together, the five kids, the ten grandkids, and the fact that he is just so cute. Recently he joined the SLOOH Space Camera site. He spends many hours viewing the sky and observing the stars and planets. He is enthralled by all he is able to see. His conversation is now dominated by his observation of the sky using this telescope. Our lunch conversation today sounded sort of like this:
D - “When you plot the same right ascension and declination you see a different part of the sky each time you look.” S- “This is a big salad. I'll give you some.” D – “I am about to complete photographing Pluto's movement.” S –“ I still think Pluto is a planet.” D – “It's only a plutiod - only 14th magnitude brightness.” S - “This is a good sandwich.” D – “The sun is 10 to the 16th times brighter than Pluto.” S -”I think I'll have ice cream for dessert.” D - “Me too.”

1 comment:

Middle Child said...

How lovely is this! This is what marriage is all about