Monday, August 15, 2011

My Amazing Son


I was sitting on my porch reading this afternoon when I noticed a good-looking young man walking up my driveway. It took a minute to realize that this was actually my younger son. Paul has been working hard over the past year to loose weight and get healthier. I have been very proud of his efforts, but today he looked so healthy, happy, and confident that I hardly recognized him. He is a school teacher and he had bought new clothes for the start of the school year that show off his slimmer body. He was stopping by to tell me about the first day of school. When he walked into the first meeting of this new school year after not seeing any of co-workers this summer, he said everyone stopped talking and just starred at him. Then they all stood up and started cheering for him . It was really a feel good moment. A loss of 120 pounds does make a man look better. I think his accomplishment is amazing.

9 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow that is amazing sue! He looks great. And I'm inspired!

Middle Child said...

Wow that is just so wonderful - no one wants to be very overweight - but hard to shift when its on and takes mighty will power .

Random Thinker said...

He does look amazing. What an inspiration.

Tracy said...

He looks fantastic!

Are you going to be around on Wed. morning/afternoon? I'm going to be in your neck of the woods and would like to stop and say hello.

Mom said...

Tracy - we will be home in the afternoon. It would be lovely to see you.

FoxyMoron said...

Wow what an achievement, I know how hard it is to shift that weight and keep it off! Good on him he looks terrific.

poet said...

wow that is amazing. good for him~

Miss Healthypants said...

Wow, he looks awesome! - and 120 pounds?! That is like a whole person! Good for him! :)

Anne said...

a whole person for sure, kevin doesn't even weigh that much!

three cheers for paul!