Monday, September 12, 2011

Politics

My politics lean to the left. I donate money to and vote for Democrats. I listen to my friends and family who have another view of politics, but I just can't agree with their conclusions. I find it interesting that people who share the same faith and values, who love one another and love this country of ours disagree so strongly about politics. I wish we could remove the angry accusations and name calling and realize that we all are all patriotic people who love this country. Is it possible to disagree respectfully?

2 comments:

Random Thinker said...

I want to think so. But the more I read comments on the web the more I realize how hateful and mean we are becoming. No tolerance for differing opinions. Heated debate is one thing, what's going on now is another.

Cazzie!!! said...

That would be so wonderful, but I think it is a World Wide thing. Even here Down Under. Like you, I like to listen to everyone's point of view, but I never tell anyone who I side with, I just leave it at that :)